Thursday, July 4, 2013

IGNORANT GARAGE SALE CUSTOMERS!

This post is a little bit different from the posts I usually put out.  Here is a prime example of ignorant garage sale customers.  Today I went to a garage sale that was unadvertised, I was passing it on my way home so I decided to stop by.  I get out of the car and start searching through the items for sale.  With some small talk I shortly figured out this lady just got out of a divorce! How sad : (  Anyways, I see this car pull up.  This car was beat up, looked trashy and had a bunch of junk in it.  He practically had a large umbrella sticking out of the window.  I will now here on call him the JUNKMAN.  Well I found this really cool silverware set that was gold plated and it looked very expensive. So I'm just doing my thing offering a price I seemed fair and she sold it to me at a more then fair price because I was nice to her.  She even through in 2 extra things (A picture frame and a glass cup).  Anyways as I'm bring it all to the table, the JUNKMAN who is wearing an aloha hawaii shirt, with glasses and a pipe decides to snatch everything in my hand and continue to say "Are you kidding me? your giving all that to him for that price? you've got to be kidding me, how can you take  advantage of her like that?" and at this point I'm just about to mouth this guy off.  What a jerk.  So he offers her like $2 more than me and just takes the set and puts it in his car.  This infuriates me, how people can be so aggressive like that.  So while he's putting the stuff in the car, the lady gives a look at me like "I'm sorry" kind of look.  Anyways I start looking at the other stuff, and the lady starts to talk to the guy saying "please don't be so rude to my customers, it's my choice whether to sell my things or not" and he says "listen I own an antique store and I know how much these things are worth, you shouldn't be selling it and not getting your moneys worth" and this guy is really scummy and dirty if you ask me.  So I pick another thing out and offer her $2 for it  as a fair price.  So this guy, grips it out of my hand and says "listen if you can't afford it, don't come out here"  gosh did that make me mad, but I kept silent and just walked off.  This guy was just bad news, so what do you think I should have done? I'd really like feedback and maybe I'll try the things you suggest! Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Looking to join additional affiliate programs?
    Visit this affiliate directory to look at the ultimate list of affiliate programs.

    ReplyDelete